Welcome: Dr. Darren Berrong
- Consent Agenda
- Information: School Closing Contacts – Mr. Justin Old
- Information: Global Email List – Mr. Justin Old
- Information: FY 20 Job Alikes – Mr. Justin Old (handout)
- Information: Legal Talks with HHH – Mr. Justin Old (handout)
- September 25, 2019 and March 25, 2020
- Information: Pioneers in Education Information – Mr. Justin Old (handout)
- Information: FY20 SpEd Leader Academy– Dr. Charity Roberts
- Information: SPED Coach Academy – Dr. Charity Roberts
- Information: MTSS – Dr. Charity Roberts
- Information: Adulting Day! – Dr. Rob Brown and Mr. Justin Old (handout)
- Information: Pioneer RESA Data Warehouse Update – Ms. Holly Mauney
- Information: Assessment Directors Job Alike – Ms. Holly Mauney
- Information: EdTech Showcase– Brian Buffington (Video)
- Approval: Peach State Federal Approval – Kristie Dover (handout)
- Approval: Recommend that The FUTURES Program utilize Education Staffing and Management Solutions for substitute teachers in the Cornelia Center, Forsyth Center, and the Dawson County School Based Classrooms.
- Approval: Recommend the following changes to substitute pay for The FUTURES Program:
Substitute Pay for Staff Absences (1-9 days) to $85.00 per day.
If serving as a substitute 10 or more consecutive days in the same classroom/assignment as a paraprofessional or a teacher, the substitute will be paid, from Day One, $115 per day.
Long Term Substitutes defined as a Substitute holding GA Certification and assigned in-field for 10 or more consecutive days in the same classroom/assignment during a professional educator’s absence (teacher) will be paid $150 per day for all days of service in that classroom/assignment.
This correspondence is to recommend the following staff:
- Rachel Means- paraprofessional effective 8/8/19
- Dianna Bennett- move from paraprofessional to substitute effective 8/5/19
- Maira Sanchez- substitute effective 7/29/19 (pending completion of sub training)
- Luis Viera- paraprofessional effective 7/29/19 (pending obtaining para certification- will continue to serve as substitute until para certification is obtained)
- Lyndsay Cook- paraprofessional (pending background check and obtaining para certification)
- Kelly Meeks- move from substitute to paraprofessional (pending obtaining para certification)
- Tiffany Fowler- paraprofessional (pending background check, completion of sub training, and para
certification will serve as a substitute until para certification is obtained)
- Gwendolyn Norman- paraprofessional (pending background check and obtaining para certification)
- Anna Arthur- move from Secretary to Administrative Assistant
- Tanisha Martin- move from paraprofessional to teacher (pending obtaining SPED Certification in General
- Curriculum and the content areas)
I would also like to recommend the following resignations:
- Diana Bennett– paraprofessional (she will be moving to a substitute);
- Heidi Osthoff– paraprofessional; and
- Sydney McClure– paraprofessional.
- Cheryl LeQuire– request for retirement effective 10/1/19